The members of our PPP Team combine expertise in banking and finance law, public and regulatory law, corporate law, real estate and construction law, tax law and dispute resolution.
Our multidisciplinary team can consistently call upon lawyers from our other teams and specialized groups when required.
Irrespective of whether projects relate to maintenance sheds for aircrafts, penitentiary infrastructure, schools or hospitals, we understand how complex dynamics between parties can lead to results for PPP projects.
We are skilled in balancing the interests of public and private sectors. Our vast experience will help you to achieve a successful closing.
Our areas of focus in PPPs:
- Tenders, awards & documentation
- Contractual relationships and structures
- Due diligence
- Risk analysis
- Project finance
- Disputes (bid protests, construction litigation, post-transaction or contractual disputes)
- Advising a consortium on the tender for the DBFM project for a new penitentiary infrastructure in Leopoldsburg;
- Advising the (winning) consortium co-ordinated by contractor Jan De Nul on the DBFM project for the construction of a new penitentiairy infrastructure in Antwerp;
- Advising a consortium on a PPP project for the construction of 7 new clusters of schools;
- Advising the lenders of the winning consortium on the financing of a maintenance shed for 8 new military transport aircrafts at the Melsbroek (Brussels) military airport;
- Assisting the shareholders of the SPV Livan in connection with the refinancing (Livan is a PPP of tram lines in Antwerp);
- Advising a consortium on the PPP project for the construction of 7 new bridges over the Albert canal;
- Assistance in several PPP projects for the acquisition, design and development of industrial zones ;
- Assistance of several contracting authorities in DB(M) projects.