Kristof Zadora is a partner at the firm and is also Head of Practice of our Commercial Law Department. He specializes in company law in general (distribution, Belgian market practices, international trade, etc.) and in IT law, privacy and data protection, and new technologies.
He has a broad range of experience in:
- drafting, reviewing, and concluding all kinds of commercial agreements (e.g., distribution, commercial agency, franchising, commissioning, contract manufacturing, private label, service agreements, agreements concerning the purchase of machines and assembly lines, purchase of raw materials);
- drafting and negotiating various types of IT contracts, such as software license agreements, SaaS contracts, SLAs, software development agreements, escrow agreements, servicing & support agreements, framework contracts, general conditions, transfer of IP rights on software, apps, etc.;
- applying, planning, and implementing GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) rules. Kristof takes on the role of Data Protection Officer in specific matters. For example, he conducts privacy audits, produces a step-by-step plan for companies to achieve compliance with the GDPR, drafts agreements for data processors, provides specific communication to data subjects concerning the exercise of their rights, handles data breaches, creating a data breach register, drafts privacy policies and conditions of use for websites, classifies parties as data controller (or joint controller) or processor in complex cooperation relating to the processing of personal data;
- devising license structures as part of complex cooperation between multiple parties;
- monitoring the fulfillment of agreements as a result of co-development;
- assessing risks of potential lawsuits and settlements, nationally and internationally, especially relating to ERP implementations and other IT projects;
- assisting clients in their negotiations with customers and suppliers and in resolving disputes them;
- representing clients in complex litigation cases before Belgian courts and in alternative dispute resolution methods such as arbitration (e.g., ICC Arbitration in Paris) and mediation;
- advising clients on structuring national and international distribution networks;
- advising clients from a variety of industries regarding compliance with competition law rules;
- advising on E-commerce (distance selling), electronic invoicing, market practices, joint offers, unfair contract terms, comparative advertising, unfair competition and injunctions relating to them.
Kristof advises clients from all types of sectors, including the food and beverage sector (food supplements as well), medical devices, IT, technology, fashion, retail and wholesale, heavy machinery (e.g. construction and agricultural equipment, machines, and state-of-the-art assembly lines), and the automobile sector.
Kristof holds a Master of Laws (Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, 2005), he graduated in fiscal sciences (Fiscale Hogeschool Brussel, 2005) and completed his training to become a mediator in civil and commercial disputes (bMediation, Brussels) in 2010.
He completed a training at the Data Protection Institute in 2016 to improve his knowledge in privacy and data protection.
He is a member of the Limburg Bar and has been working at Monard Law since September 2005.