About this function
Monard Law is one of the larger independent law firms in Belgium, with strong local roots and a rapidly growing international practice.
Due to our expanding activities and ongoing internationalisation, we are looking for a new colleague to join our Employment Law team in Brussels.
About the function
“Do what you really love doing” is one of the mottos of our mission statement. Today, we are looking for a new colleague who is passionate about employment law.
You will be advising our Belgian and international clients, and – depending on your interest and expertise – you will be dealing with individual employment law (recruitment, dismissal, benefits), collective labour law (collective bargaining, reorganisation, transfer of undertaking), pensions, international mobility and various other aspect of our consultancy work.
Our team in Brussels is bilingual, frequently works in English and has a distinctly international clientele. With 4 lawyers active in employment law in Brussels and 14 employment experts spread throughout the office, we have a dynamic employment practice where ideas can be shared and know-how exchanged.
Given that we also frequently act for international organisations and diplomatic missions, a certain interest in international law is definitely a plus.
Depending on your personal ambitions, we can accommodate your career goals. Would you like to develop your own clientele and become a partner in our organisation? Would you rather like to further develop a particular expertise, or, would you like challenging legal work but still have a manageable agenda? Depending on your own ambitions and life goals, we can find a place for you in the team.
– You have a Master’s degree in Law from a Belgian university, possibly with additional training in social law;
– You have at least 1 year of experience at the bar in Belgian employment law;
– An international work environment appeals to you;
– A certain interest in international law is therefore useful since we regularly work with international organisations, embassies and diplomatic missions;
– You have an eye for detail and enjoy working in a team;
– You are fluent in either Dutch or French and have a good knowledge of English.
Everyone in the team deserves a place: do you want to grow, specialise, learn to manage or just become technically better, everything is feasible.