About this function
Is accounting your thing? Do you want to get all the figures right, and are you service-oriented? Then you are the one we’re looking for.
With 5 branch offices across the country, Monard Law is one of the larger independent law firms in Belgium with strong local roots. We put our heart into everything we do for our clients: we want to advise them, assist them, and relieve them of their worries in all possible ways.
We are seeking an Accounting Officer for our Brussels office (Sint Pieters Woluwe) who pays attention to detail and can communicate clearly to support the accounting department so that our lawyers can perform their work in the best way possible. You will be part of a 3-person administrative team.
You will be responsible for the following tasks (among others):
- Issue sales invoices
- Follow up on debtors
- Follow up on timesheets of all lawyers
- Make various accounting entries
- Look up payments
- Make corrections
- Perform ad hoc accounting tasks
- And you report to the CFO
This job description can still expand depending on your capacities and your objectives.
Your accounting capacities are:
- If you’re just starting your career as an accountant or you’re an experienced one, we encourage you to apply for this job if you have theoretical knowledge of accounting (including VAT);
- You are solution-oriented: You think in terms of solutions, opportunities, and possibilities.
- You are proactive and creative:You present innovative ideas and suggestions proactively to improve working methods. You take the initiative to jump in to help other colleagues if their workload is too heavy, whether or not they seek your help.
- You are flexible: You are available and are open to taking on many tasks, and you’re prepared to work until 18:00 one day a week.
- You work with precision: You work with great precision – with attention to detail – and considers the sensitivity of the data that you process and handle.
- You are efficient:You are alert, you work efficiently, and you can switch quickly and react continuously to unexpected situations. You adapt yourself to those concerned if necessary, and you delegate if it is needed or useful.
- You are a team player:You contribute to joint outcomes and work constructively with others to create and maintain a positive work atmosphere at the office.
- You are Dutch-speaking with excellent proficiency in French, and you have a good command of the English language.
- You know how to use Microsoft Office very well (Word/Excel/Outlook).
- You are looking for a part-time job of max. 4/5 (31h/week)
You will join a young and enthusiastic team immediately. We will give you the freedom and possibilities to complete your objectives daily, and you are encouraged to develop yourself in a fun, informal work environment.
We offer you additional employment benefits (on top of those required by law), such as meal vouchers, hospitalization- and group insurance.